Pink House Foundation Now Accepting Proposals for 2017 Grant Cycle
The Pink House Foundation adopted a new mission together with long-term grantmaking priorities in 2016. Our objective moving forward is to support transformative social movements that are working to advance social justice and sustainability for all communities. We prioritize funding for organizations that endeavor to address the root causes of social and environmental injustice and are based in, led by, and accountable to communities that are most impacted by these issues. See below for more detailed eligibility information.
PHF will begin accepting proposals from eligible organizations immediately, and the application deadline has been extended to May 2, 2017.
Please note that the foundation will only be able to provide support for a very limited number of new organizations in this cycle. The foundation began making multi-year grants in 2016 in response to the call for longer-term funding support. As a result, the foundation has more limited space for new grants and anticipates making only five new grants in 2017. If awarded, grants typically come in the form of general support in the $20,000-$50,000 range. Final decisions will be announced by late December 2017.
YOUR ORGANIZATION IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY IF IT MEETS ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
• Organization is a registered 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) non-profit OR has a registered 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor
• Is based in the US
• Has a total budget under $1,500,000
• Is community-based and community-led
• Works to address the root causes of social and environmental injustice
• Builds strategic community leadership and power by engaging large numbers of impacted community members in advancing solutions
• Actively engages in collaboration and alliance building
• Incorporates a racial justice and intersectional justice analysis
• Is conscious about internalized oppression and biases and is working to link individual transformation with institutional and societal transformation
CORE ISSUE AREAS INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
• Environmental justice & climate justice
• Racial justice
• Immigrant rights
• Mental health & disability justice
• Indigenous rights
• Economic justice
• Gender & sexuality justice
Our timeline for the grant application process is as follows:
• MAY 2: Application Deadline
• MAY – AUGUST: Application Review
• LATE AUGUST: Applicants find out whether or not they have been selected for further consideration
• SEPTEMBER – MID DECEMBER: PHF Board members have interviews with organizations selected for further consideration
• LATE DECEMBER: Applicants find out whether or not they have been selected for a grant
TO APPLY FOR A GRANT
In order to apply for a grant please download and fill out the PHF Grant Application 2017. Once complete, email the application in a Word document format to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 2, 2017.
(The application deadline has been extended from the original deadline of May 1 to accommodate organizations that are participating in the day of action on May 1)